FAQ - Security

Why is my NRIC/FIN/Passport ID required?

It is required so that we are able to verify that only one account is created per user. It also helps us to verify the identity of the tutor or student to ensure that he/she is legitimate and to minimise the risk of identity fraud, so that our users can trust that the tutors and students are using their real identity.

How is my personal data protected?

We are committed to maintaining the security of all personal information. We have put in place appropriate security procedures, and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information to prevent loss, misapplication, unauthorised access or disclosure of information. We also restrict access to information about you to Cudy employees who require the information in order to respond to your inquiries and requests. Employees who misuse your information will subject to strict...

Is the data that I send in the Cudy platform secured?

One of the most important focus of Cudy is to create a trusted environment where potential customers feel confident in making purchases. SSL certificates create a foundation of trust by establishing a secure connection. To ensure visitors that their connection is secure, browsers provide visual cues, such as a lock icon or a green bar found in the URL address bar. All information being sent especially sensitive information (e.g. identification number, contact number, payment details, etc) are s...

How are my transactions made on the Cudy platform secured?

We are using a trusted payment processing gateway provider Xfers (https://www.xfers.com/sg/about) to secure your payments made within the Cudy platform. They are a Singapore-based e-payment company that handles over SGD$50 million in transactions with over 20,000 users. They offer both credit card and bank transfer services and are partners with UOB in Singapore. You can find out more about them here (https://www.xfers.com/sg/about).

Is Cudy PDPA compliant?

Cudy is compliant with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). The PDPA establishes a data protection law that comprises of various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes. We also have an appointed Data Protection Officer (DP...